Sunday, January 30, 2011

Today's sake and sakana(

Okuharima Kimoto Joho 20BY



Recently sake from Okuharima has displayed quite strong acidity - I quite like this but many people find it too much.

This particular sake seems well balanced so I think it would suit most people.
Hint of pineapple and followed by clean delicate sweetness.
At approx. 55Cit gains crispy softness and loses it aftertaste.

Ke-no-sakana (a good accompaniment to any dish incl. left overs)

Today we had it with"Braised chicken thigh cartilage".
I bought chicken thigh cutlet(cheap and tasty). I skined and boned them.
I used the cartilage at the end of the bone and cooked it with water, sake, soy sauce for about 1.5 hours.

The rest of the cutlet and the skin I will use on another occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment