Saturday, July 28, 2012

Kan-wine (?)

Do you remember our previous post about "Kan-zake"? One of sake's unique characters is that sake has different characters at different temperatures. (However today's topic is not about sake but wine.)


This wine is "Le Péché Mignon" 2008 Pinot noir, King valley. I purchased it in Beechworth, and I quite like it. But I was very tired after playing a futsal game, so it tasted too heavy for me today. Then I decided trying this wine at a warmer temperature.

I heated it to around 40℃ (or possibly slightly higher?) The acidity was activated but the mildness was also increased. The balance of the acidity and mildness was good, and the acidity felt more gentle than when it was cold for my tired body.

I don't think every wine can be heated, but I just found some of them could be. "Kan-wine" has some possibility for me now.

* Every sake is not good heated either. It must be a well made junmai-shu. Many of them are designed to be drunk warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment